Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Armoires

I seriously love armoires.  Always have, always will. 
Just take a look and you will too...







This past weekend we gladly welcomed an armoire into our home.  We had been looking for one for a little while but they are sooooooo gosh darn expensive and hard to find.  We finally found one on craigslist that was in superb condition and for a GREAT price.  It isn't necessarily the finish I wanted, but I still couldn't pass it up.  Maybe after years of wear and tear will restain it or paint it, but for know it's beautiful the way it is. 

So we went from this...                 ...to this.  Much better, huh?

It fills our living room much better than our old little stand.  Our old one looks so pathetic in the above picture.  We just love this armoire.  Leon can't reach up and turn the TV on when we don't want it on (he loves watching TV and pushing all the buttons).  It's also nice because when the doors are shut, the TV is out of sight and therefore out of mind.  I LOVE it.  Now I just need to finish up decorating the rest of the living room.  It really needs some color and needs to be lightened up.  I kinda want to paint again  (maybe a lighter neutral color that doesn't match our sofa so much) but I don't dare tell Kyle that ;)  We'll see how things look after I get some new pillows made and some more frames on the wall.

2 comments: