Monday, March 8, 2010

I was really excited until...

I was really excited about spring this year until all the snow melted away and I remembered our yard looks like this:

Leaves are everywhere.  Stumps and brush are everywhere.  Our grass is terrible.  No landscaping what-so-ever.  We don't even have a working lawn mover yet.  May I also remind you that we own 1 1/2 acres of land? What were we thinking?


Saturday it was nice, so we started doing this:
raking leaves and picking up sticks.  We don't own a wheel barrel yet, so we used a really big box to move the leaves to the fire pit.  We had a huge pile and we probably only raked about 3% of the leaves in our yard.

The one good things about spring being just around the corner is that Leon and I can go out and play (or do yard work, I suppose).  Leon wasn't sure what to do with himself, so he sat, for quite a while, like this:

Eventually he finally got up and started exploring and walking about.  We had to stop and clear dirt and even a couple of acorns from his mouth. Here are some photos of him in his new adventures and finds:

Anyone want to nominate me for one of those FREE landscape makeovers on HGTV?  I'd appreciate it!

I guess you know what I'll be doing this spring and summer...and many others to come.

2 comments:

  1. And I thought WE had a lot of leaves! I enjoy raking them at first, taking footage of the kids playing in them, taking lots of pictures, enjoying the color, but then they become an annoyance and I just want them all raked up! I still have some in the fenced in yard that need raked up. I need to just take some time and draw up some landscape ideas for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the box is a great idea and really better than a wheelbarrow anyway. We use a tarp:)

    ReplyDelete