Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I ♥ Jim Henson

What? Who? Why? is what some of you are saying, right?  Well, Jim Henson is the creator of the muppets.  I've always loved the muppets.  I grew up loving Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy.  I even had stuffed animals of them.  However, it's been a long while since I have even thought of my once beloved Kermit and Miss Piggy.  We are now rediscovering Jim Henson's creations.  I was at Target and they had an Elmo video for only $5, so I said "Why not?  I'm sure Leon will like Elmo one of these days."  When we got home I popped the movie in and Leon went NUTS.  He can't stop laughing and grinning ear to ear whenever he sees Elmo.  Here are some photos to prove it: 




It is so sweet and funny to watch him watch his new friend, Elmo.  I happen to love it too.  It lets me take a 20 minute break during the day to do the dishes, work on a project, or just sit and cuddle with my little boy while we watch together.  AND that is why I ♥ Jim Henson and his lovable creations.

4 comments:

  1. cute kid. nice winged pig. and again, i'm jealous of your wood floors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love those muppets. I recently saw the guy that does Elmo's voice as a guest on a cooking show. I can't stop laughing every time Lily watches Sesame Street now that I know Elmo is really a big burly black guy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ian has those same PJs! And both my kids love Elmo-the rest of Sesame Street not so much! Kind of funny to watch them do a pointer dog routine if Elmo shows up and ignore the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is that Elmo in Grouchland? We have that and it is Harrison's favorite! Yes, I'm sure when Leon is about 2 he will absolutely ADORE Elmo b/c my both my boys did!

    ReplyDelete