Friday, March 19, 2010

Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe

We don't normally get into March Madness.  However, some buddies from Kyle's work do and they invited us over to watch some of the games.  I don't plan on watching any of the gamse.  I'll probably sat and chat with my friend Sonny, whose husband works with Kyle, while our kiddos play.  And I'll also be eating some of my favored Buffalo Chicken Dip that I'm taking for all of us.  I thought I'd share my recipe with you all.  It's great for sporting events, game nights, and parties.

Buffalo Chicken Dip
2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
4-8 oz. Franks Hot Sauce (I like the buffalo style sauce)
12-18 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup blue cheese or ranch salad dressing
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
1 bunch celery, washed and cut into sticks (optional
1 bag tortilla chips

Preheat Oven to 350°F. In a large bowl combine: chicken, hot sauce, cream cheese, dressing and ½ of the shredded cheese. (Adjust the amounts of hot sauce and/or cream cheese to make the dip mild, medium or hot per your own taste.)

Pour mixture into a greased baking dish and sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese. Bake at 350º F for 25 to 30 minutes. Serve with tortilla chips and/or celery.  Enjoy!

Tips from me:  For the chicken, I like to cook 1-2 chicken breast in the crockpot before hand so it's nice and tender. We like to use the neufchatel cream cheese because it's 1/3 less fat than regular cream cheese and it's already a little softer than regular cream cheese.  It also tastes great without the salad dressing - sometimes when I make this we don't have enough so I just skip it.

3 comments:

  1. This literally made my mouth water. Did you know that I have a slight obsession with Frank's? I'll have to try it out sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting the recipe! I'll have to print it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't checked blogs in a while, but I wanted to just say that your buffalo dip was amazing!! I really enjoyed having you guys over and I think Jared really enjoyed seeing Leon again! :) I can't wait to see what you've done with the house since the last time I saw it!

    ReplyDelete