Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A year in the making

Yesterday was Leon's birthday.  Honestly, it was kind of a miserable day for us.  Leon has an ear infection and is cutting teeth, so most of the day was sent with him whining and, at times, crying while I tried to entertain and play with him.   Leon wouldn't let me leave him whenever I tried to put him down with a for his nap so I took the oppurtunity to take a nap with him - something we haven't done since he was 6 months old.  It was my favorite part of the day.  I just stared at my 1 year old for two hours in total awe while he slept.  The last year has gone so fast.  Thinking about it breaks my heart.  I love this little boy.  He has taught me so much about what it is to love.   Greatfully, I think he really liked having me there when he woke up because the rest of the day went a little better (well, expect for when I tripped on one of Leon's toys, fell, and thought I had broken my leg for a moment.  As I was crying, Leon thought I was playing and was laughing hestirically at me - which was kind of funny when it was all done and over with.  I've got a HUGE bruise on my knee and it really, really hurts). 

Here are some of my favorite photos I've taken of Leon over the last year:

At the hospital, 2 days old.

2 weeks old

His funny personality is coming very evident in this photo.  It's one of my all time fav's.


For the longest time, he was obessed with his feet.

He had just started to sit up in this photo.

The stinker is trying to get my camera.  LOVE this pic.

Leon LOVES taking baths.

I do think he is SO cool.

One year old!  Love that 3 teeth (almost 4) grin.

Eating his birthday cake at his birthday party - and thinking it's pretty yummy.  More of these are on their way.


I'm so grateful this little sweet heart picked me to be his mommy.  I love him , I love him, I love him.

5 comments:

  1. wow. I can't believe Leo is a year old! It seems like just a few months ago that I was visiting you 3 three at the hospital. :)

    I love the picture of him in the bath- what beautiful lashes!

    And I also love the most recent pic with his new toofies. :)

    I think I'm living vicariously through you and your cutie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It absolutely blows my mind that Leon is a year old already! It doesn't seem like that long ago that I was begging you to let me come over 3 or 4 times a week to play with him! :) I love his little icing face! I bet he was hilarious! Congratulations on making it through the first year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures- but to be honest they scared me to death. Since my little boy is still just a 2 week old and seeing how much he is going to grow up in just a year! I wish I could just freeze Dax the way he is right now, he is going to get big?!! YIKES!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like a say this all the time, (guess I know a lot of photographers!), and maybe it is to be expected given the source, but that one in the bath could be a great big print sold for LOTS of money! They are all amazing, but that one might be my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday Leon! I can't believe that he's one already! Very cute pictures! Are you busy next week?

    ReplyDelete