Sunday, May 9, 2010

This Momma's Day


My mother's day weekend has been wonderful for many reasons.  I've eaten yummy breakfasts all weekend long.  I did some shopping (outfit above is new).  I got to spend time with family.  Leon's been extra loveable, playful, and full of smiles.   What more could a mother ask for?

This year I'm not only enjoying mother's day because I'm being appreciated but because I'm appreciating my role as a mother more than ever.  Yesterday, I watched Leon play with his cousins and watched how everyone loves him and how much he loves them.  He has been smiling and laughing so much these last two days.  He's been so sweet to his momma, too.  He's been cuddling with me much more - something I love and miss so much.  I'll walk into a room where Leon is and this surreal feeling overwhelms me.  I can't believe I'm the mother of such an amazing little boy.  Everytime I look at him, I can't believe how much he's growing - how big he's getting.  Sometimes I feel like time is going so slowly and then I see him and I realize how fast it's actually going.

Motherhood has been a real challenge.  It's been very difficult at times to adjust, but more and more I see all the beautiful things I've learned by becoming a mother.  There is no other way I could have grown in the ways that I have except by becoming and being a mother.  I've learned so much about myself.  I've grown so much more spiritually.  And although I'm still not where I'd like to be spiritually, I feel so much more in tune with the Spirit and with God.

I want so much to be a good momma to this little boy. 
He's such a precious gift.



Happy Mother's Day
 to all of you women who are a blessing to others!

Kyle took these photos for me - good husbands are great, aren't they?

3 comments:

  1. Good husbands are the best-you must have trained him well with a camera-and the children who make us so much more than we might have been on our own! Noah kept telling me Happy Mother's Day today and I just knew that he had no idea how grateful I was for HIM, that he was one of the reasons today is a special day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leon is adorable! You're such a good mommy to him. My favorite picture is the one with you reading to him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kelly- I found your blog from your Facebook page, and I love it! Your pictures are amazing, and your little guy is so cute. It was fun chatting with you on Mother's Day! Stop by our blog anytime!

    ReplyDelete