Tuesday, May 4, 2010

15 months

Leon turned 15 months just a few days ago.  I can't believe my baby is a toddler.  Here are some photos I took yesterday before the "storm" hit Lafayette.  I love watching him play.  He always get so absorbed in what he is doing.  I couldn't even get him to look up for me or smile for me - he was just so intent on what he was doing.






Today, I took Leon to his 15 month doctor's appointment.  He is still a little guy weighing in at only 18 lbs 9 oz! I'm always worried about his weight.  I feel like I'm constantly feeding him.  The doc said not to worry too much because he's gaining weight steadily, just not quickly.  It's so frustrating and I really can't help but worry.  I feel like I should be doing more.  I mean, for goodness sakes, he still can barely even hit into his 12 months clothes and he is 15 months old!  Anybody else out there dealing with the same thing?  How do you keep from going crazy?

Also, Leon may only be 15 months old but there are days when I feel like he is 15 months going on 2 years old.  He can be so sweet,  but he can also throw a HUGE trantrum.  You don't want to make this little boy mad.  He already ignores me on purpose and he already runs away from me when its time to get his diaper changed.  He already knows how to push my buttons.  However, he does know how to be obedient about a lot of things which is nice.  He is also incredibly silly which makes me so happy.  I guess all of it is just part of watching him grow and learn.  It's amazing when you really think about it.

3 comments:

  1. I know it's hard anytime you think your baby isn't progressing normally. All of my kids were about that size and didn't hit 20 pounds until they were 18 months old. Sounds like he's on that same track! My kids hit 50 percentile by the time they started kindergarten. He will always know where your buttons are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cate is right there with him on the tantrums. It's unbelievable! I don't think Corban started that young!! I'm not ready to start all over with disciplining, but we are there already. Yikes! This parenting stuff- it's hard work! (But oh, so rewarding and worth it!)
    You've got such a cute little boy!! Love his serious expressions, like he's hard at work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Umm . . . I just put 12 month shorts on Harrison today and yesterday and they STILL aren't any too small!!! Join the Allen Club! :) Morgan is at 50th percentile, but the boys aren't even on the charts. I guess they just run small until they hit puberty. Luckily my current doctor isn't making a huge deal out it like the previous one did. Geesh, you'd think I know my kid's family medical history. And welcome to the age of toddlerhood. :) Everyone says the terrible twos, but with my experience its been the terrible threes! Uh-oh, I know I'm in good with Harrison since he's been a little mischief maker all along! Tantrums are the worst, aren't they? Especially in a public place or when you are in a hurry! Today at the park there was a 3-yr-old throwing a dandy one for his mom. You just have to ignore it and let them realize that you are in control and aren't going to let their tantrum phase you. Just leave the room if it starts driving you too crazy! After a while when he sees you aren't going to deal with it or budge, he will probably stop.

    ReplyDelete