Tuesday, May 25, 2010

a girl can dream...



Everytime I come home from town, I drive past this little place.  It used to the a floral shop, but I dream of it one day being my studio.  It's right by a park where I often take portraits and other photographs, such as these and these.  It needs some work, but it would be perfect.  It's close to Purdue, gets great natural light, big enough for a small studio, right next to a park, and only 2 miles from my house.  I dream of having a studio, a space to myself, to work and create.  I also want a studio so I can attempt to shoot photos like this (beautiful!) and this.  I'm not typically into studio portraits, but it would be very very nice for baby portraits.

A girl can dream...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Business has been slow and I really, really hate it.  I feel myself getting rusty.  It makes me doubt my skills and all those years of hard work studying photography.  I've got sooooooooo soooooo many GREAT ideas stored up in my head for shoots.  I'm getting ready to work on making some changes to my little "business" (if you can even call it that right now) - changing my website, my pricing, working on some advertising, getting some "props" ready for shoots.  I'm going to get some "models" to help me make some of these ideas the real thing.  We're going to be doing some remodeling this summer which means I'll finally have my office!  I'm looking forward to it.   I guess if I can't have a studio then I'll happily take a home office.  I'm going to be very busy.

All right, I gotta go get ready for a family portrait session (with boy and girl twins) that has been rained out twice already - please pray it will continue to be a nice day for me.  Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Everything you do is so beautiful. Next time we're all in Indiana (I mean my family) or you are here, we'll have to have you do a shoot. Just tell us what to do and where to stand and we're good! We NEED new pics around here!

    ReplyDelete