Monday, June 11, 2012

This Last Saturday

This past Saturday we spent the day at King's Island for Kyle's company picnic.  I wasn't thrilled about the idea of taking a 6 month old and a 3 year old to King's Island.  Ha!  I wasn't thrilled with the idea of going to King's Island at all.  I'm not much of an amusement park person (Disney not included).  After a little thought, we decided it wouldn't be bad.  I'm glad we did.  We had a great day as a family.  Leon loved the rides and I got to meet a few more of Kyle's co-workers. 

Of course, our favorite was the train.  Leon loved it.  We ended up riding it twice.


After lunch, we couldn't handle the heat anymore.  Poor Grady was red and was starting to get very miserable being in the stroller, so we decided to hit the water park.  It was a little crazy - tons of people - but it felt good to cool down for a bit.  Grady wasn't a huge fan of the cold water, so him and I hung out under some trees and played.  I really enjoyed it.  Grady was so incredibly happy.  There was lots of smiling and laughing.  I love soaking up these sweet moments with him. 
(Do you see his little tooth?)

We were all SO incredibly tired by the end of the day.  We all slept very well that night.  Getting up the next morning was awful.  We were all tired through out the entire day.  Leon fell asleep on the way to church and slept through sacrament.  We all were in bed by 8:30 on Sunday. 

 It was so nice to spend a day doing something fun after months and months of Kyle studying.  It's great to reconnect as a family.

p.s. Oh, and the other wonderful thing was that I got to get a Cinnabon cinnamon roll. The park had a Cinnabon. The moment I saw it, I told Kyle I wanted needed one. It was a delicous dessert before bedtime.

p.p.s.  Kyle and I are going on a date tomorrow!  I can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. It looks like everyone had a great time! Grady is adorable! Keep up the blogging- I love hearing your updates :)

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grady is a little cutie! Kings Island is a fun little park. I went there a lot when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete