Sunday, June 24, 2012

Making This Our Home

(at Devou Park - My boys over looking downtown Cincinnati)

Moving away from the Lafayette area - the area I've lived all my life - has seemed so incredibly unnatural.  Lafayette is home.  It's so weird being here and not knowing where every road leads, what will be just around the bend in the road.  I'm always craving rural Indiana and for flat land and never ending skies.  However, this is our home now.  Where ever my little family is, is where home is.  I need to make this feel more permanent.  We won't ever get to move back to Lafayette.  Ever.  It's time for me to uproot and grow somewhere else. 

So, I'm taking my Bishop's advice and I'm going to try to emmerse my self in this area.  We're going to explore.  We're going to try new things, go new places.  We're going to make new friends.  And hopefully we'll love this place too.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you learn to love your new surroundings as much as you love home! I cant imagine the mixed emotions youve dealt with through the transition... You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.....

    ReplyDelete