Wednesday, June 16, 2010

journal jar

I think keeping a journal is really important.  However, I'm not always the best about it.  I have times when I'm really good and times when I'm really not so good.  I've been trying to be good about it lately, but sometimes I find myself just writing about the everyday, what-we-did-today type of things.  I want my journal to be a real reflection of myself.  I want my kids and/or grandkids to really get a sense of who I am as they read my journals. 

I found this idea for a journal jar on a blog and thought it was wonderful.  It gives you ideas about what to write about.  It is a great to jump start a journal or, for me, to give my journaling the thing it really needs.   This is so wonderful and it really makes me motivated to keep up my journaling!

this is my journal jar.

If you haven't ever kept a journal, you should start.  It's a great way to reflect your thoughts and to record about you and your family's life. 

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE this idea! Will have to do it! :) Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just started journaling and have been using LDSJournal.com, it's free and they have a "Journal Jar" question everyday to help with ideas. I have really loved this site, you can attach pictures or after thoughts. You can later get it printed and bound, if you want. And I don't know about you, but I type way faster than I write. I love it.. thought you might too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Journal Jar is CUTE! And I like you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very good idea. I was so good at writing in my Journal before I started having kids - and blogging. I need to do better at having real "meat" in my writing! That website sounds pretty cool too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the journal jar idea is really great but I wouldn't completely poo-poo the idea of writing about the every day things occasionally too-they are also a reflection of you, your family and what your life was like at that moment in time-a little snapshot. (I have also wished, a million times over, that I had kept better track of when and what my kids were doing when and how I dealt with sleep trouble, transitions, milestones, potty training, etc. so that I could refer back to it with the next kid.)

    ReplyDelete