Monday, January 23, 2012

Life Recently

Oh man.  I wish I had more time to blog.  I always have cute things to post about and the best of intentions of doing it, but it never happens.  Life around here has been a little crazy.  I never realized how much busier I'd be by adding another munchkin into the mix.  I really should be doing something else - one of the million things on my list, but I thought I'd do just a quick post about life recently for us instead.

Kyle passed his last actuarial exam!  Hooray!  We're so happy.  We found out about a week ago.  However, Kyle had to start studying for the next one.  But there's only one more!  One more and he'll be done.  Life will be glorious again and I'll have a husband again. 

Leon is so funny.  Today, he wanted to color.  He colored one little thing and then asked me to finish it.  He just sat there and watched me and then said "Good job, mommy."

It is also Day 3 of Leon's potty training.  Yesterday, it took every ounce of will power to not put him back in a diaper.  It still hasn't clicked with him yet, but I can tell we're getting close.  I've bribed him, squealed like you wouldn't believe when he does go, and done just about everything I can think of to help the process.  The problem is that he won't tell me he needs to go before he goes.  He'll start going and then say "uh-oh.  potty."  So, we just have to get him to understand that he has to listen to his body and go pee and poopy in the potty chair.  

I'm ready to start doing some portraits again.  However, I'm not sure where to begin here.  I don't have time to do a lot of editing.  The weather is disgusting so I'm limited in that area.   I still haven't found a lot of great locations here and I don't have the time or means to go exploring right now (you know, because I have a toddler and a 2 month old)  This part of life makes me REALLY miss Lafayette. 

Grady is sleeping great and I'm so thankful for it!  He gets up 1-2 times to eat but always goes right back to sleep.  He's got the sweetest smile.  He loves to watch me.  He loves to gaze into my eyes and it's so sweet and sincere when he does it.  Here's some pics of him sleeping with Kyle:


We've been trying to think of ways to revamp our evenings.  We've been in kind of a rough rut of doing nothing and feeling blahish.  Kyle and I are usually so dead by the evening that we eat dinner and just watch TV or cartoons (so we don't have to mess with Leon).  It's terrible.  We're going to start exercising... hopefully.  We've been trying to bust out the games.   We also thought we'd start doing some ABC and counting things with Leon.  Do any of you have fun things you do as a family in the evenings - on just a typical week night? 

We'll Grady just woke up, but there's a few of the billion things floating around in this head of mine to tell you all about.  Hopefully, I'll get better about blogging.

3 comments:

  1. Grady is getting so big;) Sometimes it's fun to just go for a nice drive in the evening as a family. Gets Momma and the kids out of the house and you might just have to stop at McD's and get a 99cent ice cream cone. They're healthy and low fat:) if your lucky enough to have a play place that's an added bonus! Can't wait to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been feeling the same way lately! I've thought about doing a Friday Favorites post, posting some steals I got on clothes recently (as well as Kent!), and some other things, BUT it never seems to happen! I JUST YESTERDAY took pictures for Callie's 11-month shoot and she turns 1 in a couple weeks! UGH! Sometimes I wish I didn't have anything to do at night. Usually we have some activity for the kids to go to or I have a church activity. We've been playing games with the kids on weekends lately, but the weekdays end up with us reading or watching TV and just winding down after the kids get in bed, if we are home. Do you have home videos? We usually watch old ones from when the kids were little on Sundays, but that would be a fun thing to do any evening of the week. Good luck! See you in a few days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, that's why we still put both kids to bed at 6:30! I'm so glad they will go to bed then, because I'm done by then! Good luck with that, and with the potty training too! :)

    ReplyDelete