Thursday, January 13, 2011

Bombshell News

This week we got some news that pretty much has turned our world upside down.  All our upcoming plans and hopes have come to a screaching halt.  On Tuesday, we found out that the company that Kyle works for is moving to Cincinnati, Ohio which also means that Kyle's job is moving as well.  We're so grateful that he'll still have job if he chooses to accept their offer, but we're also flustered, scared, sad about the fact that we're going to have to move.  We knew that this was probably going to happen, but we also thought it would be 5, 7, 10 years down the road.  It was just so sudden.  We bought this little fixer upper house which isn't in any means close to how we thought it would be when it came to sell it.  There's still a lot of little projects to do and we haven't even landscaped yet.  Fortunetly the offer they gave us is good and includes very generous moving expenses and benefits.  However, we still are deciding if this good offer is the right one for us.  We would have been happy to stay here forever, close to all our family.  And I FINALLY have good friends, ones that I don't want to leave behind.  It took me forever to make friends and I don't really want to start over. 

I will say this though.  We are excited about having the chance to start over.  We're excited about having a new adventure, a new learning experience.  We'll get to go house hunting again which I love.  We'll get to be on our own.  We'll (maybe, if he accepts) be in larger city with lots of fun, new things to do - OH, and there's an Ikea in Cincinatti.  Once I found that out, I was like "well, this may not be so bad afterall!"  hehe. 

But...there's always a but.  I had big plans this year and moving cancels or puts a lot of them on hold like for instance:  Gardening.  I couldn't wait to start a garden this year- just could not wait!  I was so excited about it.  My photography business - it was really doing well and now if I want to, I'll have to start all over again.  I was also finally starting to get my art work out there in the community and selling it.  We'll have to leave our family and won't be able to just stop by on Sundays or meet up for dinner.  Leaving our little house - even though it still has many flaws and we get upset with it every so often we've put so much work and love into it.  I love our neighborhood.  I love our big yard.  I'm not a city girl either.  Lafayette, West Lafayette is about as big as I really wanna go.  I've never moved further than 45 minutes of where I grew up.  I don't know how to really move.  I knew what schools Leon was going to go to and I knew they were good schools.

I've got tons of mixed feelings about all of it.  I'm mostly scared of all the unknowns.  However, I have faith that everything will be okay.  It will all work out.  It's not the end of the world ;)  I know that God has a plan for us and He's sending us on our way. 

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you guys as you pray for what God would have your family do. I know moving away can be pretty intimidating, but the adventure part is pretty fun and I think that my marriage was strengthened by us really being "on our own". Such sudden news, I know I wouldn't be happy leaving my house. Love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe me, if you are doing what's right, the Lord WILL guide you and watch over you and help you do what is best for your family. Change isn't fun, usually, but there is so much to learn and there are always fun, cool things to look forward to - especially in Cincinnati!

    ReplyDelete