Tuesday, July 20, 2010

What is going on?

Something is going on with Leon.  My baby is growing up and doing more toddler like things everyday.  I know, I know - you're thinking "Well, he is almost 18 months old, Kelly!"  But I'm saying "He's my baby!"

I've found him taking his pants off and then putting some on. 
He also likes to try to take his diaper off.
 

He's holding popsicles on this own.  This is his "mom, I wanna hold it" face.

He has been a REAL stinker about bed time.  Notice his feet stinking out of his crib?  This is how he fell asleep one night.

 I keep finding him in his room looking at his Dr. Suess books
(which are the best) all by himself.
 

He can be such a stinker!  All weekend long we kept having to fish him out of the kiddy pool.  He loves that thing.  We had to dump the water out.  However, yesterday morning while I was getting everything packed into the car to run some errands, I let Leon run around the yard.  Well, I looked back to find him in the pool and WET!  It only had a little bit of rain water in it, but he managed to get very wet.  He had to go back inside and change (AGAIN)
 into some nice, dry clothes.

So yeah, my baby isn't a baby anymore.  It makes me happy and sad.  I love him though, especially when I get to see those sweet little smiles and hear those incredibly contagious laughs.  I'm glad I'm enjoying him. 



P.S.  I knew this stinker face was a hint of what was to come, but I had no idea!


4 comments:

  1. It is CRAZY how fast the kids grow. I remember my niece as a baby still, and she's 5 1/2. Sometimes I'm amazed at how much they learn and can do for themselves in such a short amount of time! You sure have one cute little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the surprises will keep coming! It's amazing how quickly they learn so many things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is so stinkin' cute! We used to have to use duct tape on Meagan's diapers! She quit wearing them all together by the time she was two. Doesn't mean she was really potty trained, she just quit wearing them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Kelly, he's so precious! Such a blend of you and Kyle. Keep up the good work, Mama!
    grace.howell

    ReplyDelete