Friday, July 16, 2010

this morning

It's been one of those wonderful mornings.  Leon didn't wake up until 8:00, so I got a shower and a few chores in before he got up.  Leon woke up in a wonderful mood - talking away to me as I got him out of his crib.  We ate breakfast, did some laundry, and then headed outside for a little bit.  I needed to get the kiddy pool ready for some friends who are coming over to play this afternoon.  Leon decided that he needed a morning swim in the FREEZING water.  He didn't realize how cold it was and started to cry, but then he got used to it and all was well. 


As I was getting everything ready, I saw some red among all the green in the garden so I went and picked the ripe tomatoes off off the vine.  Aren't they beautiful?  I'm sure they'll taste so delicious!  Our garden hasn't done as well as we hoped.  We have A LOT of pine trees in our yard which makes our soil acidic.  Next year I want to try raised beds - maybe even try doing a square foot garden.  Has anyone done one before?  Did you like it?  I also want to try doing my own starts.   

I love mornings.  I love they way the day is new.  I love the birds chirping.  I love the way the sun comes into our living room.  I love cuddling with Leon.  I love the way Leon actually has an appetite in the morning.  I love that they're all about getting ready for the day ahead for you. 

I hope you had a wonderful morning too!  Enjoy your weekend!

3 comments:

  1. We do the raised beds. I've never done my own garden the 'normal' way, and have found the square foot garden quite easy. We planted VERY late this year, so we're just starting to get blooms, but it's looking fantastic- and there's not near as much weeding to be done, it seems! I'm ready to fast forward a few weeks so I can start eating already! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those tomatoes are gorgeous! I have tried growing tomatoes every year and only gotten a few. Sad. Looks like you'll have lots of them this year! Yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finished a sewing project that I've been putting off FOREVER this morning! Nick took the boys out with his friend to go disc golfing. It's amazing what you can get done when no one is home. =)

    ReplyDelete