Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Honoring Leon

Leon just went down for a nap.  I'm exhausted but have lots of things I could and should be working on.  However, I'm taking a moment for myself to blog - to blog about my little guy.  I love this little boy.  I love his smiles.  I love his curiosity.  I love him for who he is and for what he has made me.  I'm very grateful to be his momma.  By becoming his mother, I've learned so many wonderful things.  I feel much more complete.  I've found real purpose to my life.  I've come closer to God by being his momma.  Here are some pictures to honor my little Leon (who is getting so big it makes me want to cry).

Relaxing one Sunday morning.  Kyle put him on his video game chair while he watched a little bit of Elmo.  He just stayed - I thought for sure he was going to fall asleep.

Exploring at the Horticultural Park - he liked picking the dandelions. I think when it's time to redecorate his room, I'm going to do lots of exploration things, like maps and globes and airplanes and animals.  Would that be fun?




hehe...one night while Kyle was gone.  I put in Elmo to make it a bit easier to get him ready for bed (it had already been a long day).  He just plopped right down in front of the TV butt naked.  I don't think he cared to much.

Having fun at in the water at play group - I love these smiles.
 


Eating corn of the cob - well attempting to.

Again, at the Horticultural Park - I love this picture.  It's perfect in many different ways.


This morning, I had to go to Michael's Craft Store.  There is a PetSmart really close, so I took Leon in so he could see the fish - he loves looking at the fish at Walmart.  He LOVED it.  We petted the cats, looked at the birds, and watched the hamsters and lizards.  We even made a new little friend.  She was so cute.  I love doing things like that with him, but I'm running out of ideas.  We go to parks, the local zoo, the library, we play outside a lot, get out the bubbles alot, and play in the water at home alot.  We've tried crayons and even water color paints (he just wanted to eat the brush).  I like having activities that we can do together.  I got a book from the library with ideas for toddlers but they all seem like they're for older toddlers.  I can tell he is getting bored with his toys and need something to do, but what?

Do any of you have any good suggestions for things to do with an almost 18 month old?  I'm dying for some ideas.


3 comments:

  1. Love the naked picture of him!!! and the last one is very cool indeed. Hmmm . . . it sounds like you have exhausted a lot of ideas! You might try Familyfun.go.com and see if they have any ideas. What about making a fort out of cushions, chairs, blankets, etc? Do you have any blocks that he could build with?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just upgraded our fishtank, so we have a 2 gallon and a 10 gallon tank sitting empty in the basement- if you want to set up a tank for Leon, we'll certainly give you one! The 2 gallon tank is just right for one betta or goldfish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Familyeducation.com is a great website to check out, as well as the one Kris posted above...they have activities, and a lot of good information about each developmental stage...plus printables.

    ReplyDelete