Thursday, June 3, 2010

And we're off...

I've been spending the week cleaning our house, doing laundry, and packing.  Tomorrow we're heading for Minnesota for a relaxing vacation at a little cabin on the lake.  I'm looking forward to it more than you could imagine.  It's been a while for us.  I'm looking forward to relaxing, reading, taking more beautiful photos like these, having time to just think, and even getting out on the boat and doing some fishing.  I'm just ready to have something that isn't the norm of our everyday lives. 

However, I will say I'm a little worried about my little dude.  It's a long drive for such a wiggly, energetic little boy.  We'll have to take lots of breaks.  I'm also worried about how things are going to go while we're there.  I'm telling you, he can be crazy. 

 For example:



Yep.  That's baby powder all over my hard wood floors and just dressed kiddo.  I accidently left the cap open after a diaper change, went into the kitchen to get some snacks, and that's what happened. 

Oh well.  We'll survive and I'm sure things will be just fine.  He'll probably love it.  I love watching him explore, so I'm sure it be wonderful to see him investigate all the new things.  I love him.  He's just so cool.  Have I mentioned that he's finally starting to day a few words?  He can say "Momma" and "Dadda" (only when he wants something) and "Hi".    It's so cute. Whenever I go to get him from the car seat he gives me a big grin and says "HI!" 

1 comment:

  1. Wish we could go too, although I must say I'm not envying all that driving. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete