Monday, August 23, 2010

Home Improvement: 1 Room to 2 Rooms



When we bought this house we knew there would be a lot of work to be done.  One of the big projects was this room.  It's a big room that was once seperated into two bedrooms by one of the accordian doors (like at the church) by the previous owners for their kids and then once their kids had left they opened it up and made it a dining room.  It had wood paneling on it just a few days ago and it has the ugliest floors you've ever seen. Yep, as you can imagine it is/was ugly and gross and we knew immediately that it would have to change.  Our plans are to (which are now taking place) rip out all that ugly wood paneling, frame two real rooms (each side already has its own closet! so that will be nice if we ever sell), dry wall, put trim up, carpet, paint, etc.  One room will be my office and the other will be the next kid's room. 

Today the drywallers came and started their job.  Here's what it currently looks like (sorry the images are terrible):
 

We now have a 4 bedroom house!!!  Well, almost.  I love making this house a home.

It's been a little crazy and overwhelming but I know the outcome will be well worth it.  Leon and I have been crashing at Kyle's parent's house during the day.  It has actually been nice during that time.  Leon loves it over there and I don't have any work I can do while I'm there, so I've been reading and watching TV during naptime.

So, if you've been wondering where I've been, I've been busy, busy.  Home improvement projects, photos to shoot and edit, family functions, and just everyday life has really been happening around here!  And it's just going to get crazier the next couple of weeks.

Well, I'm off to look at paint samples.

OH!  I have to let everyone know - We are so, so grateful to Clark, Kyle's little brother, for helping us!  He's awesome, such a good young man.  Seriously - he's helped us so much with our house (the kitchen, moving stuff, paint walls, painting trim, and now this room).  I don't know how we are EVER going to repay him.  Thank You, Clark.  Love you!

2 comments:

  1. How exciting! I'm so happy the house is coming together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lookin' good! What colors are you thinking to paint them? I started painting my nightstand and dresser that have been an ugly/stained and dirty white ever since I can remember b/c they were my parents' when I was growing up and we inherited them once we got married. So excited to add some color and change to my bedroom! I went to the storage unit today and dug out a bunch of decorations, so that has really helped too, although there is more I need to find. I love making a house a home with paint, decor, etc.

    ReplyDelete