Friday, February 3, 2012

Grady's Blessing

Grady's baby blessing was this past Sunday.  He was pretty happy about it.



For those of you who may not know what a baby blessing is - it is when a baby is given blessings and his/her name during a special prayer performed typically by the father and other priesthood holders. It's a special day for the family.  Some of the things Kyle felt inspired by the spirit to bless Grady with were these:
  • Continued health, contentment, and to grow strong
  • A knowledge that your Heavenly and Earthly parents love you
  • The knowledge to know that you are a Child of God
  • A desire to seek wisdom
  • To be a support to your mother and brother
  • To seek guidance from your mentors
  • To seek knowledge and learning (epecially of the gospel)
  • A knowledge that service in the Lord's church leads to happiness
  • To serve a full time mission
  • And to be sealed to a worthy companion in the temple for time and all eternity
It was a beautiful blessing.  I feel very grateful for these things.  I felt so much love for Kyle, my family, and for my Heavenly Father and my Savior.   It was special day and I'm thankful that Kyle's family was so willing to come and be apart of it.



P.S.  And a special thanks to my SIL, Candy, for taking down a few notes
of the blessing so I'd be able to look back and remember it.

No comments:

Post a Comment