Sunday, December 4, 2011

The Second Time Around

Doing the whole baby thing the 2nd time around has been wonderful.  I've really enjoyed the last few weeks with our new little guy.  It's been so much more relaxing and stress free than it was with Leon.  I'm not worried about every little cry and whimper.  I know what to expect.  I trust myself and my instincts so much more this time.  It has been overwhelming at times, but in those moments I know it will pass so I don't panic or get too frustrated.  It's been so nice, so much easier.  I feel like I know what I'm doing and what a difference it makes!  Life with two kids is so much busier (which explains my lack of blogging lately) and maybe a little bit harder, but I still love being a momma to these boys.  Leon has been such a sweet big brother - sharing his toys, giving hugs and kisses, giving little pats on the head, and taking the time to come and talk to his new bubby.  Kyle, also, has been awesome about helping out.  He's taking really good care of us.

(little Grady, 3 weeks old, fast asleep)

I've also had a lot of people ask me how was doing a c-section the second time around.  All I have to say is that it still totally stunk.  There have been parts that were better - it was planned, I knew what to expect, we were prepared, the recovery seems to be going a bit quicker.  However, it still was a c-section.  It still was painful, inconvenient, painful, and did I mention painful?  It was worth it though.  I mean, look at that little sweetheart! 

Grady is doing really good.  He is a good eater and a fairly good sleeper.  I can't wait for his personality to show.  I can't wait for those first smiles and giggles, but for now I'm just going to enjoy him just the way he is.  I've realized with Leon that it is true what everyone says - it really does go by too fast.  All the sudden Leon looks so big to me, like such a little boy instead of a new toddler.  I certainly want to enjoy every moment with Leon and Grady.

1 comment:

  1. Isnt' it??!! Glad you are enjoying everything more. He is so precious!

    ReplyDelete