Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Leon's Big Boy Room

The first room I really started working on when we got here was Leon's room.  I pretty much knew what I wanted to do so it really didn't take much, just time and some money.  I loved how it has turned out so far.  There's still a little bit more to do - I have a wall shelf to paint & put up and some other pics to frame.  But here is what it currently looks like:


A little collage of some of my favorite things in his room (top to bottom): 1) his new green quilt, a train pillow I made him, and our favorite family photo hanging up 2) Mr. Potatoe Head - he's just cool 3) Leon playing with Mr. Potato Head in this room 4) A poster I made with this saying 5) Books from the libray that are kept under his night stand that we read before bedtime everynight 6) The wonderful Ikea bookshelf - I absolutely love this thing

Leon's room has a massive walk in closet too (which is good because eventually the boys will share rooms).  It's barely even filled up with things right now.  I wanted to make a little reading nook for Leon.  One of these days I want to stamp glow in the dark stars all over.

I loved how it's turning out.  Leon likes his room too - he just isn't so sure about being in it alone though.  It's just one of those things we've had problems with since we've moved.  HOWEVER, Leon slept ALL NIGHT for the first in his own room, in his own bed, without mommy or dadda, since we moved in.  That's gotta be a good sign that he's getting more comfortable.

8 comments:

  1. I totally love it!! The colors, the layout, and the white shelves I absolutely adore!! I'd sleep all night in that room;) Glad Leon is feeling more settled in his adorable room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like something in a magazine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great accomplishment for Leon!!! Yay!!! I am SOOO jealous of your closet space. ;) Kent said you could make his closet into another bedroom - I told him that is pushing it a little too far. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could have sworn I already commented on this, but I guess not! I LOVE IT! It does like a magazine room. Love it. (Can you tell I'm playing catch up on your blog? :) )

    ReplyDelete