Monday, August 8, 2011

My Plan for the Baby's Room

So for baby #2's bedroom, I've decided that I don't want to do a theme but a color scheme.  I don't want to get too caught up in doing a theme when I'd just end up changing it in a couple of years.  I want it to be simple and classic with a contemporary design.


Here's the color scheme - blue, green, gray

I've started to make a quilt already.  I've already have the top done (this is a not-so-great pic of it).  It's simple, fun, and incorporates my chosen color scheme.  I just need to find someone to quilt the back and front together for me so I can do the binding.

This time, I'd really like to get a nice, comfortable rocking chair (we moved the chair we used for Leon into our living room so we need a new one).  I'll cozy it up with pillows, cushions, and a ottaman.  OR maybe a nice upholstered glider similar to this one.


Other things I'm hoping to do:
  • a bird mobile, like this one, with the left over quilt fabric
  • family photo(s), temple photo/silhouette, and some other artwork
  • some pretty, simple white wall shelves
  • repaint Leon's old dresser and use it as a dresser/changing table
  • big monogram letter(s)

Also, I'm getting tired of calling this baby "baby #2"  - I could use some ideas for boy names if anyone would like to share!


I wanted to do more pics in this blog post, but blogger isn't allowing me to link any pics through URL - so sorry for all the silly links.

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous Kelly! If you can't find anyone to quilt it together, send it this way. I can do it. I love the color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness :) I love your ideas! Do you want to come decorate my kids room? I love the colors, it will look so nice.

    We love the name Milo and plan to use it if we ever have another boy... good luck finding a name!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those colors! The green and gray look like the colors in my room! I'm impressed with your quilting skills!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE those colors and the simplicity of it. It's nice not going with a theme. It allows for a lot more creative freedom. And, I LOVE the quilt! That quilt makes me think I could maybe actually make one myself....maybe. And, we loved the name Landon, but it rhymed with Brandon, so it was nixed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love love the quilt, and the scheme. Very nice. And I am soo happy with that bird mobile. It's fun to do. Here is my name suggestion: Prescott.
    Bye now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the color scheme. These are the colors I've picked for out basement reno. Do you know the color names for paint selection?

    ReplyDelete