Wednesday, March 9, 2011

My House

Finally, here are some photos of our first little house.  I love what we've made it.  It still could use some work but this is what we've made it.  Before you start browsing, you really should take a look at a few before photos by clicking here. 

The Living Room
Improvements made:  ripped up nasty carpet to expose beautiful hardwood floors,
painted wall and trim, and put a new mantle on the fireplace.

I love the big windows and the great lighting they provide.


The Master Bedroom
Again, great windows and lighting.


The Kitchen
Our improvements:  new ceramic floors, new wall oven, new counter tops and sink, we painted the cabinets and put new hardware, and painted the trim.  Oh, and of course, fresh paint.

We also got this cute little pantry.

And this is my other favorite things - I put up old shoe horns on the wall and we use them to hang up our jackets or purses.


The Office/ 4th Bedroom
The 3rd and 4th Bedrooms used to be one big room.  We gutted the room and made them into 
2 separate bedrooms - making it a 4 bedroom house.

The 3rd Bedroom/Playroom

Leon's Bedroom

The Screened Porch

The 1.5 acre yard

These big pine trees where the previous owner's (who built the house) Christmas Trees!

The rest of the outside isn't anything to be proud of right now.  We had big plans of landscaping this summer but now those plans will be someone else's.  I just hope who ever buys our little house will put just as much love and planning into it as we have the last two years.

So there it is.  It's not much but we've loved living here!

5 comments:

  1. Your house is SO cute! If it was in the Indy area J and I would snatch it up in an instant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. I love the shoe-horn coat hangers, and I think I gifted you that silver bullet trash can! Yahoo, it looks stunning in the picture =)

    Now with all the stuff you've learned your next place will be even better, faster!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your house is so adorable and you've made so many beautiful improvements. I can't imagine how wonderful your new house will be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful Kelly. You have the eye for it! Just think, pretty soon you'll have a blank canvas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great!! I love your decorating style too. Sad to see you guys move, but happy for you too!

    ReplyDelete