Saturday, January 1, 2011

Looking back, looking forward

I feel like this last year has been a year of overcoming things and becoming better by doing so. I really feel like I've grown in so many ways. We've accomplished so much. We have so many wonderful things to be grateful for. Leon has grown and changed and developed so much. He's sweet and funny and adventurous. Kyle is a better husband and father than ever. I feel like we are closer and love each other more with everyday counting. I've pretty much defeated my seemingly everlasting battle with post partum depression and couldn't love being a mother more. My portrait photography business completely took off unexpectedly. I finally accomplished my goal to start selling my artwork and did so quite successfully, I think. I finally have friends again, something that had been so much harder since I got married then I ever expected. I really feel good about life. It's been a while since I've felt this satisfied. There are many things that still need working on but I've got a handle on things which makes it all feel so much more easier and doable.

2011 is going to be a tough one. I already know this and I'm prepared for it. I'm just hoping I can keep a good perspective about things. Kyle is going to be studying for and taking 2 actuarial exams. For those of you who don't know about actuarial exams, they are hard and incredible time consuming and hard and exhausting for everybody. For every hour of exam there is you are recommended to study 100 hours. The ones that Kyle will be taking are 6 hours long. You do the math - yep, that's 600 hours of studying from January to May and then again from July/August to November. And that's just if he passes each one. If he doesn't, he has to start all over again. However, if he does pass it will be soooo worth it and he'll be done with these crazy exams for good!

I'm hoping to start an etsy shop selling my fine art photography and revamp my portrait business. I also have a mile high of home project to work on. I'm taking one thing at a time and taking my time with each thing. Nothing will be worth me being overwhelmed this year. We're also hoping to possibly fit some other things in like going on a decent vacation, getting a new vehicle, and possibly another kid? I also have hopes to becoming a better mom and wife, to read The Book of Mormon again, and working on our budget. Kyle is usually the one who takes care of all the finances, but we both agree it's time for me to learn the ropes of it all.

I know it'll be a hard one, but I know those are the ones that always make you better in the end. Happy New Year to you all!

3 comments:

  1. Your post was inspirational for me. Thanks for sharing! I love reading your blogs and looking at your pictures! I hope your 2011 is more fantastic than you imagine! Squeeze your little man for me! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you've been doing some planning, thinking, and organizing, which is very motivational for me. Sounds like some great plans and goals for 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you guys this year!

    ReplyDelete