Monday, November 22, 2010

My Dream


I have this dream of what I want my portrait photography to be.  I have a tough time describing it, but I want my portraits to show love and passion and emotion and timelessness, but to also to be real and unique. I've loved so many of the session I've done this year but I sometimes feel like it's not me and it's not exactly what I want my work to express. I feel like a lot of times I'm just doing what everybody else is doing or wants. Well, a few weeks ago, I finally did a session that I feel reflects me as an artist.  The images turned out amazing.  While editing them, I was so incredibly grateful to be reminded of what I want.  Take a look and please really see these images.

I'm so looking  forward to this little break of mine.  I'm really going to take the time to evaluate what I want in my life and for my work.  I'm going back to my roots and rediscovering what made me want to do all of this in the first place.  I'll let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

  1. Those pictures are awesome!!!! I absolutely love the lighting and her expressions you caught. Love your style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so beautiful! And, I definitely know what you mean. :)

    ReplyDelete