Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Beautiful

I don't know if I have ever felt more beautiful than the day Kyle and I were married.  And it's not because my hair was done perfectly or that I had new high-end makeup on or because I was wearing a wedding gown that I loved so much.  Don't get me wrong - thoses things definetly helped, but that's not why.  I remember walking up the spiral staircase in the Nauvoo temple feeling and thinking this is the most important thing I'll ever do in my life - get married for to time and eternity in the Lord's house, in the Lord's way.  I felt so much love.  I felt so, so blessed.  I knew I was doing the right thing, the thing that my Heavenly Father and Savior wanted most for me.  And it made me feel beautiful.   For a moment, I saw and felt how They must see and feel about me.

After I got my gown on, I headed around the corner to meet Kyle.  He was standing there waiting for me.  Most of that morning, I hate to admit, is kind of a blur.  I remember bits of pieces of it, but it happened so fast and there was so much to asborb.  But the one thing I remember most was the look Kyle had when he saw me when I rounded that corner.  I'll never forget it - I saw the love he had for me in that look.  I saw what he hoped our life would be in that look.  It was tender and loving and I once again felt more beautiful than I ever have or probably ever will. 

Today is our 8 year anniversary.  Kyle is all the way in Delaware for work.  It stinks.  However, its given me some time to reflect and remember that perfect, beautiful day 8 years ago.  It hasn't always been perfect these last 8 years, but when I think about that day everything falls into perspective and I think how incredibly blessed I am to be married to Kyle.  He's the best.  He makes me better.


Love you babe.



1 comment:

  1. You look so happy!!! God bless you my dear Kelly!!! To you and all your family!!!

    ReplyDelete